Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stripped My Specialized

Kona Smoke


I bought two of these bikes after reading some good reviews about them in a couple of magazines. They were affordable and have been great bikes. I ridden my Kona more in the last couple of years than my other bikes combined. It's nice to be able to just jump on a bike and ride off without having to hunt down all of your gear. Well, the suspension fork on my 1998 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp finally bit the dust. I built a pump track in my back yard this summer and I've been riding it with my Kona.
I was actually impressed with the way this beater bike handled off road. I pulled the XTR derailleur, rear shifter, right brake lever and wheels off my Stumpjumper and transplanted them on the Kona. I'm hoping that after some more work I'll end up with something like this Salsa Alacarte.



Here's what I've got so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment