Saturday, November 29, 2008

Afternoon Ride 11-29-08

I haven't ridden in a while, I'm waiting for some parts to arrive from Rivendell so I can fix my ailing Surly. I dusted off the Kona, I haven't ridden it since I bought my Long Haul Trucker. I did some minor maintenance and then reinstalled the cheap plastic fenders that were on the bike when I bought it. It rained most of the day yesterday so I expected lots of puddles along the way. I rode off towards the museum district. When I left the shelter of the trees and houses near my neighborhood I realized that there was a strong north wind making it much colder than I expected. Luckily I had recently bought a wool sweater on clearance at the Eddie Bauer store for $15. The sweater did a great job of keeping me warm.

I arrived at Trinity park and decided to take a detour through the Botanical gardens. I'm glad I did. Strolling throught the falling leaves was very relaxing.  I didn't realize that there were so many varieties of flowers that seem to like the cold weather.














6 comments:

  1. wool stuff is the best! what nice shots, I like the fall-ish feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meligrosa. It seems like we've gotten more intense fall colors this year than in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long time since I visited the gardens. Those photos make me want to get back. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've made some improvements over the last couple of years. It's really nice out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Even more so with the rain and wet leaves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lovely ride. I did a double take when I read "falling leaves" though, ours have been off the trees for weeks now!

    ReplyDelete