Monday, December 22, 2008

Cyclist's Special

While reading the "Idiot on a Bike" blog I came across a link to the Tweed Cycling Club. It's on their site that I found this wonderful video (it's one video in two parts) from 1955 of a London touring club taking a train to Rugby to do some sightseeing. Maybe this has been around on the internet for a while  but it's the first time I've seen it.

I didn't realize that the word "bonk" has been used by cyclist since at least the 50's. It sounds more like something that somebody made up during the 80's.



3 comments:

  1. Yep. Makes me want to climb on Amtrak with my bike, rail to someplace two days from home, and ride back. Hmmm...I wonder where I could go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those videos too. I have used Amtrak along the South East corridor, but it isn't as simple as grab and go. On the Palmeto the bike has to be boxed and treated as luggage. I plan to get a Brommie to take along as carry on. ;-) I love the train rides...beats the crap out of driving ANY DAY!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete