Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some Progress

My Long Haul Trucker has been down for a while now. Between work and printing shirts for our Christmas Etsy orders I haven't been able to get to it. This is what I've done so far.






I replaced the stock drop bars with a Nitto Albatross. I then decided to go with inverse brake levers and shifters mounted on Paul's Thumbies. I figured this set up would give me plenty of room between the bar ends and the stem to move my hands around for climbs and everything in between.

I hope to have the brakes and derailleur adjusted and the tape on by tomorrow night.

3 comments:

  1. Those bars look very fine. They are so gorgeous, I want to get some and build up a bike around them. Eagerly waiting for a ride report...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christopher. I hoping to get out for a ride this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it looks awesome already. Can't wait to see the finished product. I swapped out my stock LHT bars too, but I put Nitto Noodle bars on there. I love 'em. They have all the advantage of drops (they are drops, after all), but they're more comfortable than the others I've tried.

    ReplyDelete