Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lure of the Open Road

I layed down last night at about 9Pm and the next thing I know it's 6:30 in the morning. It wasn't like I was heading out to a New Years Eve  party or anything but I usually stay up with my kids to welcome the new year. Old age is creeping up on me.

Anyway, somebody posted a link to this story "The Lure of the Open Road" in the commuting section of Bike Forums. It's about two women travelling from Buffalo, New York to New Orleans, Louisiana and back by bike, riverboat, and truck in 1944. I haven't read it yet but it looks interesting. I thought I'd pass it on.



  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the find. I skimmed it and found it to be an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I was able to read a portion of it this morning. Good story so far.

    I was looking at the winter photos on your blog. You guys in Minnesota are serious about your riding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I plan to dig in to it tomorrow afternoon...by the fireplace...while the north wind is howling.

    ReplyDelete