Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pondero Tours Cowtown

Christopher (Pondero) contacted me the other day to let me know that he would be in town this Saturday, and he was planning to do some riding. We made arrangements to get together. We met up at 8:30 AM at the parking area at Riverfront Drive and University (by Panera Bread). I was surprised at how many people were riding the trail this morning. The parking area was full and there wasn't much parking space available along Riverfront Drive. Yes, I drove my bike to the starting point. Please forgive me. We rode east on Park Place, through the Fairmont area to downtown. After doing a little sightseeing downtown we jumped on the Trinity Trails on 4th Street east of downtown and rode back to the starting point. I thought this route would provide a nice sample of the riding that Fort Worth has to offer. You can click here to read Christopher's ride report.

Now this is how you dress for the heat.


I've been riding alone for the last few years and my poor riding manners reflected that. Christopher took it all in stride. It ended up being one of the most pleasant rides I've had in a very long time.

3 comments:

  1. Poor riding manners? What does not noticing that say about me?

    Thanks again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to join you guys next time... if there is a next time. Or maybe you can show us your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really cool that you guys connected. I always enjoy reading about my bike blog friends getting together for a ride.

    ReplyDelete