Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Morning Ride 06-04-11

I knew that it was supposed to get hot today, so I set out on my ride at around 10:30 am. I was planning to keep it short so that I could get back to spend time with my family.

It was bright and sunny with a very light wind. The black spot in the water in the lower left of this photo is a black Labrador Retriever. You can't keep those dogs out of the water.

I picked up this pouch at a local military surplus store. I needed something to stash my camera in while I'm out on a ride. I've got is lashed to my stem and basket with a toe strap.

As I was riding through Trinity Park, Paul (aka Doohickie), Larry, and Mark rode up beside me. They were on their way back to town after having ridden around Lake Benbrook south of Fort Worth. They invited me to lunch. We headed downtown towards The Flying Saucer.

That's Mark on the left and Larry on the right.

The guys enjoyed a couple of beers with their meal. Me, I've never developed a taste for beer.



6 comments:

  1. It was great catching you and spending some time with you. For some reason, the last 5 miles were tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beer but Dr Atkins does not approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too see some familiar faces in this post!
    I have never been to/on Flying Saucer. Gotta go there sometime, just to check it out.

    Glad y'all had a great time!

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delight to meet of with friends on the road! That doesn't happen to me much. Of course, I was almost finished with my 4-hour ride by 10:30...but I did finish my ride in Colleyville so it was "possible" to cross paths with Steve A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your handle-bar pouch - it will be very handy to have. I sometimes use one of those things that rock climber use to hold that floury stuff they put on their hands (a pouch held onto their waistband). It works well but is open - I like yours because you can easily close it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Military surplus stores are great for little packs and bags like that. I recently picked up that I can wear over my shoulder, messenger bag style, although it's much smaller, maybe the size of two or three small saddle bags. And they're CHEAP. Did you get that bag at Omaha, Myles?

    ReplyDelete