Thursday, December 29, 2011

More Hobby Integration

There hasn't been much time for riding lately. The first series of photos is from a short ride I did about a week ago. The last couple of photos are from yesterdays ride.

For some reason every time I try to get out and fish this river, somebody cuts off the water flow. There's some construction taking place somewhere upstream.

I brought along a heavier two piece fishing rod this ride as opposed to the little telescoping rod I used last time.

I worked my way up and down the river but didn't catch anything.




Yesterday's ride

With evening approaching the cormorants returned to their homes in the trees on the south side of the river.

I did manage to catch this guy yesterday. I caught another one just like it a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of bass but it doesn't look too much like the large mouth bass I caught in an Arlington pond this weekend. The colors are really pale. BTW-I released him just after snapping this photo.

This is one of the large mouth bass I caught in Arlington. The colors are much darker and the jagged line marking is easily seen. Photographed and released.

2 comments:

  1. I think there's quite a bit of variability in largemouth bass coloring. I've seen them very light, like in your first photo, and I've seen them very dark, and in between. Not sure why that is.

    Glad you could get out. A great way to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete