Sunday, March 23, 2008

Out Of Shape

I drove out to Sansom Park this morning for my second ride in three days. I'm sure most of you understand the predicament I'm in, spend your free time riding or spend quality time with the family. I almost always choose family. Since I haven't been working out as much as I should, I try not to overdo it when I ride. I've been sticking to the green intermediate trail until I feel I've gotten to the point where I can tackle something a little more difficult. I've never been this responsible with my workouts in the past. I've always gone out and just thrown caution to the wind and forced my body into shape. I'm 41 now and heavier than I've ever been before. Well, I decided to try the red/ expert loop. It didn't take long to realize that I've got a long way to go. Its not the difficulty of the trail or terrain that I had problems with, it was my lack of aerobic fitness. I going to have to start running in the mornings before work and ride in the evenings. Hopefully this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment