Monday, March 31, 2008

Starbucks Wi-fi

I used to drink Starbucks coffee on a daily basis just because there are so many stores around making it the most convenient way to get a decent cup of coffee. A few weeks ago I bought a new laptop and stopped by the Starbucks just down the road from my office. It never occurred to me that you would have to sign up with T-Mobile to be able to access the internet. I now go out of my way to any local coffeehouse that offers free wi-fi. It's not that I don't like the mom and pop coffeehouses, I prefer them, it's a time and convenience issue. I was in a hurry the other day so I stopped at a Starbucks, bought a cup of coffee and noticed some cards directing you to MyStarbucksIdea.com. I figured I'd put in my two cents about the whole internet situation. After going to the website I was happily surprised to see thousands of people complaining about this issue. According to their website Starbucks has decided to provide two hours of free internet per visit to customers with a registerd Starbucks card. We'll see how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment