Sunday, August 24, 2008

Catching Up



Me and my wife had to run to Dallas for a couple of days so I had to play catch-up to fill some t shirt orders this morning. Everything seemed to be going wrong in the garage over the past week. When I haven't used my screens for a few days I wipe them down with a soy based cleaner to make sure that the prints are nice and sharp. These soy products are much safer to use than traditional screen printing chemicals, which is important since I work out of my house, but they have a limited life span. The soy goes bad. I printed a few shirts several days ago and noticed some faint black shadowy smudges on the fabric. My "on press cleaner" had expired and I didn't have a back up container. Rather than waste any more shirts I just stopped printing. T shirt orders started backing up. Luckily UPS delivered my stuff Friday night and I was good to go this morning. I really don't want people to have to wait too long for their shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment