Thursday, August 7, 2008

Early Morning Ride a No Go

I got up this morning, gathered up my bike stuff and left the house at 5:30 AM. I had picked up a cheap headlight and taillight a couple of days earlier thinking that I'd beat the heat by doing my workout before I head off to work at 7:30 AM. I left the house and everything was going great until I heard squeaking that grew louder and louder as I rode. I hopped off and realized that it was the front hub. Two days earlier I went for an afternoon ride but forgot about the remnants of Tropical Storm Eduardo heading this way. The wind picked up in a big way, a headwind of coarse, and I was pounded by some really heavy rain. I washed my bike the next day and apparently caused the squeaking that put a quick end to my early morning ride. My wife tried going back to sleep after I left so she wasn't real happy to see me only 15 minutes later. I'll try it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment