Sunday, November 2, 2008

Camera Mount-First Attempt

This is my first attempt at a handlebar mount for my video camera. I used a reflector mount instead of a headlight mount since it was all I had on hand. The headlight mount in the picture is the one I use for my morning rides. The camera felt really stable at home when I shook the bike and camera. When I actually hit the road I realized that this wasn't going to work, way too much vibration. I'll have to try something else. If I stick with this setup I'll have to run a bungee cord or something over the top of the camera for more support. If anybody has any suggestions let me know.



1 comment:

  1. Russ Roca over at The Epicurean Cyclist uses a gorilla mount of some sort. Also uses the Flip camera (somewhat modified) He is a photographer by trade so he has a pretty sweet setup, not to mention awesome pictures.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete