Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Old Crankset

I almost always lose out at the last second on Ebay so I was really surprised when I won this auction for an old Shimano 600 "Arabesque" crankset. It ended up costing just over $30 including shipping. It's got the usual nicks and scratches but it appears to be in good shape. This is going to replace the original crankset on my wife's frame and will complement the other Arabesque components that were originally mounted on the bike . 





I was cleaning the rear derailleur which I recently removed from the frame and noticed that the upper pulley was excessively stiff. I removed the pulley and dug out a doughnut shaped wad of dog hair in the bushing but that didn't seem to improve things. Hopefully I can just replace the pulley.  

I wonder if there are plenty of 6 speed replacement pulleys available or will I have to buy a cheap derailleur and cannibalize it for parts?



The seatpost cleaned up nicely.


I also bought a nice 27 inch wheelset on Ebay that should be delivered in the next couple of days. I'll post some photos when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment