Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random Stuff 01-14-09

I didn't have a chance to ride today. As soon as I got home from work I put my 12 year old son's mountain bike up for sale on Craigslist.  Since my shoulder surgery I'm not taking any chances riding off-road. Unfortunately this means that my son doesn't get ride either. We decided to sell the mountain bike and get him an old steel touring bike so that we can do some overnight tours together. He's pretty excited about it and has been looking at the loaded rigs on Bike Forums. It will be nice to have some company on my rides. On to the Random Stuff.

Steven has posted some pictures and video of an indoor ramp he and his buddies have built up in Massachusets. It's a great way to beat the cold. Check out his blog Soul to Sport.  


Fellow Fort Worth Blogger Doohickie has posted some pictures from Sunday's swap meet. He's also got some pictures from a Christmas Eve ride he made to the Fort Worth Water Gardens. I didn't realize a scene from the 1975 science fiction movie Logan's Run was filmed there. 

Doohickie's  rescued bike-The Dumpster Queen. 


Logan's Run: I saw this with my parents at the local drive-in. I feel really old.


I found a link to Stronlight's Photostream on somebody elses blog, I just can't remember who. He's got lots of great photos. Be sure to read his profile.




This sounds like a lot of fun, Bike Friendly Oak Cliff will be leading a ride on Sunday February 1st 2009, following the footsteps of Oswald on the day of J.F.K.'s assasination. Stop by their blog for more information.


1 comment: