Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random Stuff 03-11-09

Nothing's better than receiving a nice email from somebody that really enjoys wearing a shirt I've printed. I've had lots of repeat customers on Etsy but I've never bothered to ask for photos of the customers wearing our shirts. I received the pic below from Christopher. He happened to buy one at the Etsy Dallas Jingle Bash last November. The other picture is Dan wearing one of our motorcycle shirts. Dan is a motorcycle coach out in Delaware. I've never owned a motorcycle or know much about them but I really like the old racing photos and thought they might make interesting shirts. Dan is in the process of teaching himself how to screen print. We've exchanged lots of emails over the last few months about inks, emulsion, exposure times. Good stuff.

This is the reason I print. Happy cyclists.

This is by far the most popular shirt in our shop.


This is Dan sporting one of our motorcycle shirts.


I found this photo of nice V.O. mixte on agfachrome25's photostream. I followed a link in the profile to Archival Clothing. I've really enjoyed reading this blog over the last couple of days. It's a good mix of fine men's clothing and bikes. I can appreciate well made articles of clothing but I really wouldn't look right wearing the majority of this stuff. There is no getting around the fact that I'm a Wal-Mart kind of guy.

Notice the shoes.


Bata Bikers.


I did a Google search Bata Bikers and found this on WikiAnswers. It's written (supposedly) by the person that developed this shoe for Bata. 



I  heard about Handsome Cyles on a post at Greater Than Cars. This is their Handsome Devil which was inspired by the Bridgestone XO-1 . I like the way this bike is set up with the single chainring. I believe they'll be selling the frame for less than $400. 

This would make an excellent city bike.




3 comments:

  1. The exploded crank is a great shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. I used to offer it in black ink on a gray shirt but the white print was much more popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!! one of these days Ill get my own from the ratpress... :)

    ReplyDelete