Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tractors and Bikes

I'm not ready to buy a bike just yet but I've been browsing Craigslist and Ebay. I've seen a few bikes listed that were built by the great American tractor and farm implement manufacturer John Deere. From what I've read these bikes were manufactured in Taiwan during the 70's bike boom as a promotional item for John Deere. Apparently the quality was pretty low and the designers at the company didn't want anything of that quality tarnishing the company name. They seem to have more value as conversation pieces than anything else. You can read a little more about JD bicycles here.

They're not bad looking bikes.

My first thought was that this might be a re-labled Schwinn Le Tour, or something similar.




The famous John Deere colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment