Thursday, January 29, 2009

Making Some Changes

I'm changing a few things regarding my t shirt business. I put my Etsy shop in temporary vacation mode. I've made some money selling shirts but my lack of business sense makes itself apparent every year around tax time. I have a full time job which fortunately means that I don't need the money from my business to make ends meet, but the money we make from sales is what we use for stuff like books for college, clothing, bike parts, Christmas presents for the kids, and so on. I'll keep printing shirts even if I end up losing money just because I enjoy it but I'd like this thing to be able to sustain itself. Besides re-evaluating how we do everything, I'm downsizing my equipment. I sold my exposure unit. I'm going to use a couple of halogen work lights from Home Depot to expose my screens just like I did when I started printing. I'm also selling my 6 color 4 station Workhorse press and replacing it with a 4 color table top press.



 I don't need the high production capability of these items although I am keeping my conveyor and flash dryer. I'm going to use some of the money from the sale of my equipment for artwork. Obtaining artwork has always been the most difficult aspect of the business for me.  

I'm freeing up lots of space which will give me room for my next project. I want to buy a heavy duty sewing machine sometime in the near future and try my hand at making bike bags and other accessories. I don't know anything about sewing but I'll enjoy having something new to learn. 

The Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1. I'm not certain if this is what I need but it sure sounds like it's pretty tough. 


If you're looking for t shirts, I should have the shop back up and running in a few weeks. Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment