Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's Been a Long Week

It's been a long week! Work and an undetermined stomach ailment yesterday kept me off the bike. Me and my younger son Isaac took a short ride together this afternoon. He rode my touring bike, which he is too big for, and I rode my other son's Lotus. It still needs some TLC but it's riding pretty smooth. I like the way the drop bars look on this old bike but I have a hard time adjusting to them. After having ridden upright for past several years, drop bars just feel unnatural now.

I'm in the process of getting my body used to riding longer distances, which for me is anything over thirty miles. Cooler weather is just around the corner and overnight bike camping trips to exotic locales are in the works. By exotic I mean anywhere outside of the Metroplex. I'll do at least thirty six miles tomorrow and slowly increase my distance till I feel comfortable doing rides of sixty to seventy miles.

1 comment:

  1. That's a seriously sharp-looking bicycle. Love it! Good luck with the longer rides, you should have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete